- 1-2 hours in length involving your decision making team.
- Involves an in-depth discussion of your current accounting activities, including systems, transactions, nature of your business, hours spent, and reports generated.
- We work with you to determine how to customize our process to meet your needs. This includes outlining your responsibilities and those of SG Partners, and the processes each need to follow.
Our setup process generally consists of several hours of work by our team. The following are tasks necessary for the setup of your company:
- Signing of documents and forms to effectively outsource the bookkeeping function
- Working with you or your accountant to review your chart of accounts and to determine which monthly reports should be generated, including special reports customized to your business drivers
- Introducing you to the SG Partners team assigned to your account, and providing you their direct phone and e-mail contact information.
- A minimum starting point for converting you to the SG Partners system is an opening trial balance. If an accurate trial balance with a satisfactory chart of accounts is in place at the start of our engagement, we can convert your legacy accounting information and start immediately. If there is not an accurate trial balance, or satisfactory chart of accounts, you have a choice of engaging SG Partners or your accountant to perform this service.
- Most clients are up and running in our system in one day.
Day to Day Invoices and Deposits
You have the choice of preparing invoices and billing customers directly, or including invoicing as part of the SG Partners service. If you maintain the invoicing function, we will develop processes with you to ensure that we are notified of all invoices sent, and their corresponding cash receipts.
SG Partners pays the bills for its clients, and posts the payment to the general ledger. In most cases, your vendors send invoices directly to us (either physically or electronically) for processing. We organize your bills, scan them, post them to the general ledger, and present them to you via the web in an orderly fashion for review, approval, and payment. We notify you via e-mail when bills have been posted to your account. By visiting your secure client page on our website, you have the ability to view the scanned image of invoices, which appear just as the original invoice would on your desk. We allow you to approve and schedule payment as you desire, including date of payment, partial or full payment, or no payment at all. No payment is made without your consent. In addition, we maintain a searchable database of your vendors, vendor contact, payment history, and invoices. You can view both bills paid over a period of time, and bills awaiting payment.
If you need to write a check outside of the ordinary course of vendor payments, simply notify your SG Partners representative via phone call or e-mail, and we will immediately write the check for you. You may also maintain a checkbook for emergency and petty cash check writing purposes. We will provide you with processes to provide SG Partners with the transaction information.
SG Partners is able to integrate most automatic payroll services directly into its general ledger system. If you are not currently set up with an automatic payroll system, we will recommend this service for you.
SG Partners reconciles the bank accounts for you on a weekly and monthly basis. A reconciliation report is available online. By outsourcing your bank reconciliation function to SG Partners, you will provide your company with one of the most effective safeguards against employee theft.
A cornerstone of our service is providing meaningful, timely financial reports. From your secure client page on our website, you can review a variety of standard reports such as Profit and Loss, Balance Sheets, General Ledger, and Accounts Receivable and Payable Aging. In addition, SG Partners creates “Super Reports” that are specific to a client’s business and that capture the factors that drive their business. These reports provide business owners with information that are meaningful and easy to understand.
SG Partners will monitor the accounts receivable aging and automatically send out “late notices” to help expedite customer payment. We use Dun & Bradstreet for this service (approximately $30 for a series of 3 collection letters).
128-bit SSL encryption enables our clients to verify authenticity and to securely communicate with our servers. State-of-the-art SSL encryption protects confidential information from interception and hacking. This is the world’s strongest SSL encryption currently supported by consumer web browsers. 128-bit SSL is the standard for large-scale online merchants, banks, brokerages, health care organizations, and insurance companies worldwide. Furthermore, our servers use multi-tier authentication over SSL to ensure the strongest measures of security for safeguarding your data.
SG Partners will treat your financial information with the strictest of confidence, and access to your information will be limited to authorized SG Partners personnel.